Head Start &
Early Head Start
Boosting children for success in school.
Child Care Associates reaches more than 17,000 children through over 23 campuses. We’re a $90 million organization – the largest child development organization in North Texas.
Since 1970, Child Care Associates has partnered with the national Head Start program to prepare low-income children for success in kindergarten. We also offer Early Head Start programs for expectant families, infants, toddlers, and Head Start for 3- and 4-year-olds.
In addition to early learning, our child development services give families support in vital areas like physical and mental health, social-emotional development, and nutrition. We also engage parents as active partners, offering educational resources and leadership opportunities that can improve the overall well-being of their families.
Provided at no cost to low-income families, these programs include:
- Full-day early childhood education
- Child assessments and developmental screenings
- Fresh, nutritional meals served family-style
- Home visits to reinforce home-based learning
- Access to primary health and dental health providers
- Referrals to and onsite delivery of disability and behavioral health services
- Activities that engage and support families
- External assessments of classroom quality
In collaboration with Tarrant County school districts and charter schools, CCA delivers Head Start Pre-K PLUS, which offers a mix of Head Start and Pre-K.
- Arlington ISD
- Crowley ISD
- Everman ISD
- Fort Worth ISD
- Lake Worth ISD
- Uplift Meridian Preparatory