Head Start &
Early Head Start
Prepare your child for success in kindergarten and beyond.
Head Start and Early Head Start are two nationally-funded early education programs for low-income children and their families. We offer full-day, campus-based programs at no cost to eligible families (8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., with some sites offering extended hours from 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.).
Early Head Start is for children ages 0 to 3 years old.
Head Start is for children ages 3 to 5 years old.
Both programs provide a child-centered, play-focused education that values your child’s development while offering resources that support you as a parent:
- Learning experiences promoting social, emotional, physical, reasoning and creative life skills
- Strong teacher-child interactions
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Daily physical activity and outdoor play
- Referrals to and onsite delivery of disability and behavioral health services
- Home visits to reinforce home-based learning, supportive parenting, and social-emotional development
- Activities that involve parents and families
- Services for children with special care needs
Are you pregnant?
Early Head Start offers prenatal and postnatal education through a regular visit in the comfort of your home. Specially trained Family Services Advocates visit expectant moms once a week to help support and guide you through the stages of pregnancy and child development until your little one is able to enter an Early Head Start center.